Gospel Centres International – Central Church, also known as Nairobi Gospel Centre International was founded in June 1991. The Church first met at the YMCA Central Hostels at the University of Nairobi. Six months later it moved to a restaurant then known as Caboose restaurant located at Harambee Co-op Plaza Building in the Central Business District. In 1998 some rented space was acquired in Ngara where the Church established its first office and also began to hold its midweek meetings there. Sunday worship services however continued at the restaurant.
Gospel Centres lnt. – Central acquired land here in Tassia/Fedha , Embakasi in 1999 with a dream of constructing a Sanctuary. Come Nov 2000 GCI – Central members moved to make this a reality by performing the ground breaking ceremony which was soon followed by the Church holding its first service at this site on January 6, 2001.
- The church is now running two services every Sunday plus other midweek activities to provide for the spiritual needs of members who currently have grown to over 2000 plus attending every Sunday.
- The church has established different ministries that provide opportunities to members to minister to the Lord and to one
- The church has established a children’s ministry providing excellent facilities and opportunities for ministry to children from age 3 to 18 years . The kids have their own sanctuary and several Sunday school classrooms .
- Our resolve to fulfil the Great Commission through the preaching of the Gospel is a reality through the presence of a strong Missions and Outreach ministry fully supported by the Missions to different parts of this nation are now a reality.
- Discipling of believers is the church’s priority through Home Cell Groups known as Growth Centres.
- The covering ministry – Gospel Centres International began a kindergarten in 2009 within GCI Central Church known as Kings Kids Kindergarten to cater for the many parents who are our members and also to assist our The Kindergarten has grown tremendously, to Kings International academy, offering classes upto sixth standard.
From 2014 our covering ministry – GCI, has been instrumental in planting branch churches in the different counties in Kenya. This vision known as the Rapid Church Planting Strategy has grown tremendously